EquiBarn UK GDPR Private Policy
EquiBarn UK is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet demands of the GDPR and the The Data Protection Act 1998.
- Your information will not be shared, rented or sold to any third party.
- We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorised users.
- We give you the possibility to control information that you shared with us (opt-out).
EquiBarn UK is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We will clearly inform you when information that personally identifies you ("personal information") is asked for and you will have the choice to provide it or not. Generally, this information is requested when you [install/download/subscribe] to product updates, newsletters or other online services.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you information that will allow you to use our services
- To automatically customize your documents with you information
- To alert you of software upgrades, updates, discounts or other services from EquiBarn UK.
We collect your email when you order from us which allows us to send you informational communications about your order. We can also send you promotional offers.
We may also collect your name, language, currency, operating system, document searched and country information for a better shopping experience.
When you place your order with us, we collect your email in order to process it. We also collect your phone number in order to contact you in case these emails bounce back because of a typo in the email address or if we cannot figure out your correct email address.
We also contact the phone number that is provided if we suspect that the cardholders credit card information has been compromised.
We also use our clients email in order to notify of the release of updated versions of the software, new services or promotional offers.
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that EquiBarn UK is an authorised holder of such information. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our website but you will not be able to receive additional services or access certain areas that require registration. When you activate your account, you are providing your consent to occasionally receive information from us. In each communication from us you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications; alternatively, you may contact us to express your choices at the address provided at the bottom of this page.
4. Access to your information
You are entitled to review the personal information you have provided us and ensure that is is accurate and current at all times. To review or update this information simply find your last order document that you would of received via email or request that we send you this information.
5. Security of information
EquiBarn UK is strongly committed to protecting your information and ensuring that your choices are honoured. We have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All sensitive data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted employee access.
We guarantee that all e-commerce transactions follow the latest security measures and use the best available technologies. SSL technology is employed when you place orders online or transmit sensitive information. SSL is one of the safest methods of passing information over the internet.
6. Retention of information
7. EU and EEA Users' Rights
If you are habitually located in the EU or EEA, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended or deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when we carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you 8in those emails. Transactional account messages will be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
8. What we do with information you share
Your information is never shared outside the company without your permission. Inside the company, data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted user access.
When you register to our website, you are asked to provide contact information, including a valid email address. We use this information to send you updates about EquiBarn UK order confirmations and information about our services. When you order from us, we ask for your payment details and billing address. We use this information only to bill you for the products you ordered at that time.
We may on occasion require the help of other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as packaging, shipping, and delivery, customer support and processing event registrations. We will only provide such companies with the information required for them to perform these services; these service providers are bound by strict privacy polices and are prohibited from using your information for any other purpose.
In very rare instances, EquiBarn UK may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith believe that such action is necessary to; (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on EquiBarn UK or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of EquiBarn UK and its family of websites and properties; and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of EquiBarn UK, its websites, or the public.
9. How to opt-out
We provide users with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving updates on our products, newsletters and other communications from us. You can opt-out by clicking on the link provided in our electronic mailings or by contacting us at the address at the bottom of this page.
10. Does EquiBarn UK private policy apply to linked websites?
Our Private Policy applies solely to information collected on our websites or through face to face orders. The site contains links to websites or third parties. EquiBarn UK is not responsible for the actions of these third parties, including their privacy practices and any content posted on their websites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personal information. EquiBarn UK adheres to industry recognised standards to secure any personal information in our possession, and to secure it from unauthorised access and tampering.
However, as is true with all online actions, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions of personal information, or other users of the site may misuse or abuse your personal information that they may collect from the site.
If you want to prevent a third party advertiser from collecting data, currently you may either visit each ad networks web site individually and opt out or visit the NAI gateway opt out site to opt out of all network advertising cookies.
This site will also allow you to review the third party advertising companies privacy policies.
11. Changes to this policy.
If we make changes to our Private Policy, we will post these changes here so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any point we decide to use your information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email.
12. Enforcement of policy
If for some reason you believe EquiBarn UK has not adhered to these principles, please notify us and we will do our best to promptly make corrections.
13. Questions or comments
If you have questions or comments about this private policy, please email us or write us at:
Cliffe Hill Farm
Little Shaw Lane
For information on how to contact EquiBarn UK, please visit our contact page.